10 tips to pull off the meal plan effectively
New Delhi: People resort to various
Here are some effective tips to follow a low carb diet:
- Know what to eat: To avoid missing out on nutrition, it is important to know about the list of foods low in carbohydrates. Some healthy low carb foods that you must include in your diet include tomatoes, eggs, mushrooms, salmon, strawberries, chicken, etc.
- Know what to avoid: Be aware of the foods high in carbohydrates that must be avoided on a low carb diet as they can cause the failure of the diet. Some high carb foods include bread, sweet potatoes, cereal, chips, beer, crackers, etc.
- Mind your portions: Being careful about the portions you eat on a low carb diet can help avoid the risk of unhealthy
weight gain. To optimise the benefits of the diet, you can include tricks such as portion and calorie control in your meal plan.
- Do not skip exercise: While diet may have significant benefits on the body, it is important to include regular physical activity in your routine. This can not only help boost the weight management process, but can also benefit overall
- Don’t overeat permitted foods: The permissibility of certain foods must not be abused and foods, regardless of how healthy they might be, must be consumed moderately. Overeating can lead to unhealthy consequences.
- Get rest and stay hydrated: Taking care of your body is not restricted to diet control. Getting adequate rest and keeping the body hydrated at all times must be practised to ensure holistic health.
- Consult a professional: Seek help from a certified and registered dietician or nutritionist to commence with a low carb diet plan. Furthermore, if you suffer from any health condition, make sure that you consult with your doctor to avoid any unprecedented health complications.
- Formulate a diet plan and stick to it: After consulting with a professional, formulate a low carb diet plan that is convenient for you and suits your weight management requirements. However, solely planning things out will do you no good if you do not stick to it. Undertake steps such as advance planning of meals, setting milestones, rewards, etc. to avoid falling off the fitness wagon.
- Scout for alternatives: Craving for some sinful, forbidden dishes while on a low carb diet is natural. You must not disappoint your taste buds and indulge in some cheat meals at times. However, regardless of the list of permitted and prohibited foods, always seek healthier alternatives to make your weight management journey easier. For instance, you can use bell pepper (capsicum) as an alternative to bread for your morning toast breakfast.
- Know when to stop: Low carb diets may result in side effects in some people. Therefore, it is important to stay vigilant and look out for signs of any adverse impacts of the diet. Some common short and long-term side effects of a low carb diet include nutritional deficiencies, bad breath, constipation, bow bone density, fatigue, etc.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.