Don’t feel like eating your greens? Drink them – 3 green juices that can work wonders for your health
Don’t feel like eating your greens? Drink them – 3 green juices that can work wonders for your health  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- From an early age, kids are introduced to the concept of “eating the veggies”
- Green vegetables, without a doubt, are extremely healthy for the body
- Here is what you need to know about green juice
New Delhi: It is a well-known fact that green vegetables are extremely healthy for the body. From an early age, kids are introduced to the concept of “eating the veggies”. However, despite the tiresome efforts of various parents, inculcating the habit of eating green vegetables in their kids is not an easy task. Even as adults, we might have a hard time accommodating our taste palettes to green vegetables. But is there a way out? Absolutely!
What is green juice and why should you drink it?
As the name suggests, green juice refers to the juice obtained from green vegetables. Green juice can be an excellent way to get the nutrients from green vegetables while not having to go through the torture to eat them. The benefits of green juice may include improved heart health, boosted brain health, body detox, etc. That being said, a downside to this alternative is the slight loss of fibre and nutrient content due to the juicing. Furthermore, while preparing this juice, one must ensure avoiding the addition of excessive sugar to sweeten the drink.
Get your green juices flowing
Here are some green juices that you must add to your diet:
- Celery juice: Detox your body with this incredible green juice that you can make within 5 minutes. Apart from having anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, this juice will also provide you with a boost of fibre. You can prepare this drink by blending celery stalks with lime juice and honey.
- Spinach apple juice: Want to meet your fitness goals? This green juice might help. A rich source of vitamin C, E, and magnesium, this juice can boost heart, skin, and bone health immensely. To prepare this juice, all you need to do is toss some spinach, chopped apple, and cinnamon in a blender and mix well.
- Kale juice: Can you boost your health while simultaneously keeping your body refreshed? With this incredible green juice, you can. To prepare this juice, blend kale, cucumber, and honey. You can top it with mint and serve.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now